Re: [OM] Unusual? Olympus Trip 35 camera

Subject: Re: [OM] Unusual? Olympus Trip 35 camera
From: Nuno Miguel dos Santos Baeta <nmsbaeta@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 23:35:28 +0100
Hello!

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 21:21, DrT (George Themelis)<drt-3d@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> This Olympus Trip 35 camera that I am selling in ebay (it came with a large
> lot of misc. Olympus OM items) has generated a lot of interest and bids that
> appear higher than what a camera like that should bring:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370244198928
>
> Is there something unusual about it?

A black trip is a good trip :-)

The only "unusual" thing about this camera is that it is black.  As
far as I know, few black Trip 35 cameras were made.

Apparently David Bailey <http://www.davidbaileyphotography.com/> used
it and therefore the Trip 35 gained the 'cult camera' status.  (Like
the Konica Big Mini, another 'cult camera' because of Araki and
Hiromix.)  Check this vintage ad
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_Yo3FRPeQw>.

--
Nuno Miguel dos Santos Baeta
ille nihil dubitat quem nulla scientia dictat