Re: [OM] Paging Dr. Small Prints--print mess up

Subject: Re: [OM] Paging Dr. Small Prints--print mess up
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 08:53:03 -0400
Bruce Frazer called these "capture sharpening" and "sharpening for
effect".  The sharpening in Adobe Camera Raw is "capture sharpening"
which is rather subtle and why it's to be viewed at 100% or larger.
Sharpening for effect is the output sharpening as is done by the likes
of unsharp mask.  Stronger and to be performed on the image that has
been specifically sized for a print.  And specifically not viewed at
100% but more like 25-30%.

Chuck Norcutt