Re: [OM] Olympus Power Bounce Grip 2

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Power Bounce Grip 2
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 10:21:25 -0400
I never use guide number.  I've never seen a flash that was accurate
with respect to guide number.  I use a meter or, when covering an entire
room or larger areas indoors, test shots with chimping

Since you've sold all your Olympus equipment except the FL-50, are you
saying that you are able to use the zoom head and FP flash in normal
auto mode and not in TTL?

Chuck Norcutt

C.H.Ling wrote:
> The accuracy is important if you use GN to calculate the aperture and you
> can choose a power from 1/1 to 1/128. In normal Auto mode you can set ISO by
> 1/3 stop increment....
>
> No enough? There is a zoom head, it is very useful if you are shooting a
> long table from one end. set the zoom longer than your lens, so that both
> sides will have less exposure. It is very useful for balancing the
> illumination on the far end and both sides.
>
> I know you are not interested in FP flash but I found it very useful for
> travel shoot with peoples. The samples you posted recently were not really
> critical ones.
>
> BTW, a new FL50 today cost around $380 but a new T32 at 1980 cost $100, it
> was not cheap at that time. I purchased my FL50 used in 2004, it was $280. I
> have sold all Olympus digital equipment except this flash, it is the best
> flash I have ever seen.
>
> C.H.Ling

>>> comparison. The AA batteries inside T32 gives around 7 second recycle