Re: [OM] Olympus T28 Twin Macro flash

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus T28 Twin Macro flash
From: "DrT \(George Themelis\)" <drt-3d@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 10:42:51 -0400
> Not sure it if was perhaps my message, saying that the T8 ring flash
> is much better built?

Yes, it was :)

> My question to the group is this: Surely there is a way to power the
> modeling lights,  if not from the T Power Control 1, from the Flash Bounce
> Grip 2 with the big batteries? Any ideas?

I am looking for the same information.

> P.S. The whole beauty of the Olympus Macro flashes, in my opinion, is
> TTL OTF auto exposure. I don't imagine you'll be doing much in the form of
> 'action'  stereo macro photography with manual flash calculations (on
> non-olympus equipment)?

Very good observation (you are paying attention I see :))... One close up
stereo camera I am using I normally always focus at the closest point.  All
I need to do is use flash meter to measure the light output (most likely at
1/4 setting) and then set the appropriate aperture. As long as the distance
to the near object does not change, non-auto flash will work.

I will use Olympus macro equipment for slide bar stereo photography (take
one picture, shift the camera, take another) of still subjects and in this
case I will take advantage of the TTL feature.

George