Re: [OM] Olympus T28 Twin Macro flash

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus T28 Twin Macro flash
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 20:01:20 +0100
Good advice, of course, Ian.  But you had better get yours out.  The side
connector on PBG2 is for the F.AC power supply, and F.AC does indeed put out
200v - albeit at 10mA.  In fact I measured 235v on mine, across the outer
two (of three) connectors.  I still measure only about 5v across the centre
and one outer connectors on the PBG2 output to the flash unit (it's the same
style of connector as at the side, but opposite gender, since the F.AC can
also plug into the flash unit in place of PBG2).  Perhaps my PBG2 batteries
are *really* flat?

Are you not thinking of PBG1, for the QA300/QA310 flashes, which had a HV
battery pack?

Piers