Re: [OM] Olympus T28 Twin Macro flash

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus T28 Twin Macro flash
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 08:28:20 +0800
I have checked the T-32 schematic, the input pins were directly connected to
the 330V high voltage capactior through two diodes and two 27 ohm resistors.
For sure the output from the  PBG2 is high voltage AC.

One of the reason for Piers not able to measure it could be due to a pin is
connected to the T-32 power switch, if you don't turn on the T-32 (obviously
since you cannot connect a T-32 during measurement) there is no output from
the PBG2.

Chuck, the SP Power Pack you mention could have a lower internal resistance
so it charge faster. The PBG2's inverting circuit just like the one built-in
T-32 or a bit powerful so it charge a little faster but not as fast as your
SP pack. Due to the loading of the charging cap, the output of the inverting
circuit is not able to maintain 300V* until the cap is fully charged up.

* I have no idea what is the exact AC output voltage from the inverting
circuit. Most likely around 210VAC RMS since the charging cap only rated at
330V DC.

C.H.Ling