Re: [OM] Olympus T28 Twin Macro flash

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus T28 Twin Macro flash
From: "DrT \(George Themelis\)" <drt-3d@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 20:59:51 -0400
>> I will use Olympus macro equipment for slide bar stereo photography
>> (take  one picture, shift the camera, take another)
>
> Does it matter that the lighting will be different in each frame of the
> stereo pair ?

Yes, it does, but it will not be different.

When doing camera shift stereo photography, the flash has to stay stationary
(cannot move with the camera).  So I cannot mount the flash on the camera or
the lens.  It has to be supported independently of the camera.

One way to remember this is that in real life, the sun does not move, and
everything is fine.  If you move the flash, then the shadows created by the
flash will shift and in stereo viewing they will appear pseudoscopic (in
practical terms, in front of the object causing them, instead of behind).  I
have a schematic that explains this, if anyone is really interested in this
little detail of flash stereoscopic photography.

George