[OM] I hope it's the beginning of a trend

Subject: [OM] I hope it's the beginning of a trend
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 14:21:48 -0400
I trust people have also noted the possible END of the megapixel war.
The S90 and G11 only have 10MP.

I like the F2 lens but the G11 articulated screen looks nice indeed.
Why doesn't KR like a hot shoe?  Seems dumb to me not to have one.  I
doubt you would pry the A-650 out of maestro Moose's hands w/o said LCD.
Now I am experiencing  severe upgrade angst with my G-9.  I do have the
CHDK hack and thus zebra mode, separate channel live histo and can
monitor the battery, sensor temp.  There is even a "flashlight mode"
turning the screen white  ;-).  Not to mention a possible shutter speed
to 1/64K and programmable intervalometer scripts.  Take that G11.

I am hoping when I get home and view my stable of OM stuff including my
nice 4T loaded to go with film and my favorite macro lens, it will pass.

Mike

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0908/09081908canong11.asp