Re: [OM] Remote triggering of OM?

Subject: Re: [OM] Remote triggering of OM?
From: "Clay Nichols" <Clay.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 02:37:24 -0400
For years I used a sort of a slave flash firing unit from Spiratone which fit
just right into the winder's miniplug. Firing my small Vivitar flash would fire
the winder from yards away.
Clay

DrT (George Themelis) wrote:
> Is there a way to trigger an OM camera with Winder 2 (I assume by plugging
> some IR? unit at the Winder 2's plug) remotely (without wires)?

All that the Oly Winders and motor drives require to fire them is
shorting the two contacts on the mini-plug plugged into it. So all sorts
of different remote controls timers, etc.may be used.

One popular one used to be a Polaroid radio remote control designed for
the Spectra camera. I see there are still lots on eBay, including new
ones. All one needs to do is cut off the plug on the trigger wire and
attach the correct one for the Winder.

Moose