Re: [OM] Samigon OM-1TR winder???

Subject: Re: [OM] Samigon OM-1TR winder???
From: "DrT \(George Themelis\)" <drt-3d@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 10:44:39 -0400
> But you already have one - the OM Quartz Remote!

Yes, it came in the mail, and it still wrapped in the original box... It
looks so nice, I hate to use it :)  I am thinking of getting a modern
contraption (like the ones suggested by Chuck) that will have more
functionality and I can beat it up without worrying about replacing it if
something goes wrong.  I will then sell the OM Quartz Remote to a collector.
Unfortunately, I am not kind to the equipment I use, so I avoid buying mint
condition in box etc, just to beat them up.

I was intrigued by the Samigon because it combines two functions, even
though it appears that he does not do any of the two well.  I prefer to
carry/use as little as possible.  This is also related to the modeling
lights of the macro flash.  Why would I have to carry an extra battery and
cords when these lights could be powered by the same batteries as the flash?
That's how Minolta (and others I am sure) do it.

George