Re: [OM] Sainte-Chapelle

Subject: Re: [OM] Sainte-Chapelle
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 15:15:16 -0300
Cc: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Fortunately, I have the same flower shown in F01 ('Estrella Federal'
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euphorbia_pulcherrima>, but done on RVP135
- and lit by a T32 OTF mode. Done with OM 4, and Zuiko 21mmƒ/3,5.

Shall try to follow your steps today.
What adjustments *during* scan?
Did you leave Curves, USM and LCH in the Tools Palette of NikonScan
4.0.2 in Default Settings?
What about ICE? I use a little of USM in NikonScan to counter-effect the
softening due to ICE, around threshold 1, halo 5%, intensity 15%.

Ok, I'll turn off ICE for this one ...

Certainly, I see colors quite right (you are very careful on staying
away from clipping :-) ), but lacking contrast / sharpen -> and not
much, in fact less than what I can see when wearing my clean spectacles
to correct my eyes for -5.

:-)

Fernando.

... wait a little.