Re: [OM] Sainte-Chapelle

Subject: Re: [OM] Sainte-Chapelle
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 18:01:31 -0300
Cc: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/fernando_gonzalez_gentile/3849099217/sizes/o/>

Ok, there it is, lit by T32.

First, I didn't find how to disable color management, so I converted it
from NikonAdobe RGB to sRGB before downsampling from 16bit->8bit (no
dither necessary, only black point compensation) and resized to 1280
using SI 2 Pro. Nothing else done in CS3.

I guess color accuracy ~90%, mainly by lack of saturation both in red
and green.
I guess contrast/sharpen accuracy ~75%, very obvious all along the
flower and specially at the yellow center, where yellow and red
alternate at each gynoecium or androecium (let's not discuss this :-) ).
You can see how these colors alternate, but not as sharply as I can see
them through an 8x lupe  combined with my -5  Rodenstock  correcting
diopter. In fact, I see them screamingly sharp, razor-blade sharp.

Compared with F01, red is quite different. Yours is warmer, mine goes to
cyan. Spent a little while watching how did this red change in the
transilluminated RVP, it was a sunny afternoon here, clear blue sky; and
instead of going out to shoot the blossoming sakura with my new 300mm, I
watched this red changing whilst viewed through the blue skylight, the
gray reflected by the cityscape and my 'reference' Philips lightsource
.... :-) - this is crazy.
Not quite, I portrayed the sakura yesterday ... but today the light was
nicer.

:-)

Fernando.

--- having fun while learning.