Re: [OM] Olympus T28 Twin Macro flash

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus T28 Twin Macro flash
From: Tim Hughes <timhughes@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 02:21:33 -0700 (PDT)
<In fact I measured 235v on  mine, across the outer two (of three) connectors.

Piers,
     The output voltage you measure is the average value of rectified AC
sinewave, which actually has a peak value of ~330V, which is what it charges
the flash capacitor to eventually. The middle pin of that connector is from the
T32 and it's power switch, it enables the inverter in the PBG2 when switched
on, so there is no additional on/off switch needed on the pg2, the t32 controls
it all.

Tim Hughes