Re: [OM] WTB (Re: Make an offer, counteroffer and so on)

Subject: Re: [OM] WTB (Re: Make an offer, counteroffer and so on)
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 18:01:25 EDT

In a message dated 8/26/2009 4:39:49 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
drt-3d@xxxxxxx writes:

> My first  stop when I need something is here.  Same  for
> selling  stuff.  So post your needs here and also post your wants.
<{B^)

Good point...

One potential issue when selling or  buying at fixed prices is what is the
fixed price going to be?  Is  there a price guide for used OM equipment?
Without this guide or a good  idea of what things are selling for, one can
pay too much or ask too  little :)

As seller, I offer at what I think is fair and the price  at which I would
be happy.  Prices are a moving target.  I decide  before item is offered
what I would be happy with.

In an  ebay auction that starts low, this problem does not exist.  The
seller
does not have a fixed price in mind and lets demand and supply determine
the
price.  That's why I like to sell in ebay. Also, following auctions in
ebay
gives me an idea of what things sell for.

You can pay too much on eBay!  eBay is a good place to get some  idea about
pricing.

With that said, I am looking for some items in this  group:
http://olympus.dementia.org/esif/om-sif/macrophotogroup.htm

Specifically:   Copy stand, Macrophoto Stand VST-1, Trans-Illuminator base,
Epi-Illuminator,  and related items.  I have never seen any of these for
sale.

These will be a little more difficult to determine  pricing on as they
don't come up often. Stick around you will see them turn up  from time to time.

Heck, I might even decide to de-annex a piece or two if  I know someone is
looking.

Bill Barber