Re: [OM] Make an offer, counteroffer and so on

Subject: Re: [OM] Make an offer, counteroffer and so on
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 23:01:48 +1200
 Chuck wrote

> Balance in my bank book is what I am seeking.

Me too now.  A week ago I placed an order with my favourite shop for an
Epson V700 scanner. From what I could tell, Epson international are fresh
out of stock and the current price of new ones in NZ is close to the prices
being asked on OH Boy in the USA for used ones. I was told that they ( "my"
shop) had orders lined up for about 5 of them, and I could just be sneaked
onto the end of the order. So I was, and I settled down to wait for a fresh lot
to be imported - so I thought - expecting to not have to stump up with cash
for maybe a month.

Yesterday - an e-mail from them- they had one waiting or me. Now it is
sitting quietly over in the corner of this room ...

Brian Swale.