Re: [OM] New arrival from the lab

Subject: Re: [OM] New arrival from the lab
From: "DrT \(George Themelis\)" <drt-3d@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 23:36:24 -0400
> Thank you!!!!  I'm also as excited about half of the rest of that roll.  I
> did revise the article to show both the full-frame version (almost FF, I
> had the camera slightly misaimed) and the cropped version.  I'm not sure
> which version I like better, but the full-frame version definitely has a
> look to it.

Yes, I like them both :)  The cropped picture has more impact with it's
panoramic proportions.

I am sure you are aware of the fact that you broke a basic rule of
composition that says that you should not split the frame in half with the
horizon.  Your horizon is exactly at the center, splitting the picture in
half, top the clouds, bottom the ground.  I am trying to think if I were
going to crop the picture to move the horizon out of the center, up or down,
which way would I go?  Favor the horizon or the ground?  It is a tough
choice, that's why maybe giving them equal share is the best thing to do.

The yellow horizontal line exactly at the horizon looks almost artificial.
I wonder what causes that?  It looks as if the clouds are breaking and we
are looking at the colors of the sunset, but the sun is setting on the left
and there are no clouds at left and the line is still there... Weird.

George