[OM] Couple quick T28 twin flash Q's

Subject: [OM] Couple quick T28 twin flash Q's
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 23:45:34 -0400

Ya definitely got a point.  It is fussy and take s a couple minutes
even to turn the camera with an L-bracket on the miniclamp
to get the other orientation due to the wires.  The angled lighting
just is sooo nice in bringing out the wing texture as commented upon by
Dean in the past.  The fill softens the shadows.  I probably miss a
bunch of shots due to the complexity, but just want a chance at a super
nice image.  Tried just the T32 in 15 deg down mode with the WA
diffuser the other day--fast easy and effective.  Seems to be an off
butterfly year, though.   I have the CH plexiglass thing cut
out--didn't get a chance to finish it.
Mike

usher99 [at] aol.com wrote:

     ....  Not sure how Walt manged with his bug portrait rig, but with
a 135mm
     focal length and the increased working distance, I usually don't
have enough
     photons with the T28 on a Lepp bracket. He must have positioned the
angled T28
     flash closer somehow with the Kalt shoulder gizmo--never have seen
what he was
    talking about.

This all seems so gol-darn complicated. Sure it's not time to try the
C.H. solution?

Moose