Re: [OM] (test !) OM 4Ti mirror lock up - but batteries are Ok.

Subject: Re: [OM] (test !) OM 4Ti mirror lock up - but batteries are Ok.
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 08:34:27 -0400
Your need a proper fitting screwdriver first to get the old screw out.
If the head is boogered up, I lightly tap (hammer) the screwdriver to
reform the head slots, knowing I am going to replace the screw.  If it
is very difficult to unscrew, try TIGHTENING it just a tad.  This can
break the set the threads have take, THEN unscrew it.  You may be
concerned over the appearance of the current screw, I'm sure it is not
causing the problem. Extreme care should be taken as the last thing you
want to do is make the screw head so distorted that no one can take it
out without drilling and retapping the hole (you don't want that to
happen).
John Hermanson  |   CPS, Inc.
21 South Ln., Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121  |  www.zuiko.com