[OM] Studio RAW processing was Re: Week 35 - Few Fotos for FUN

Subject: [OM] Studio RAW processing was Re: Week 35 - Few Fotos for FUN
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 17:35:37 +0200
Raw E-3 file as seen by aperture

<http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/gallery/8100207_JddWM#635632039_BxLq5>

Raw E-3 file as seen by olympus studio

<http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/gallery/8100207_JddWM#635621101_HS8jP>

I have normally accepted what aperture gives me in the way of processed
E-3 files but today I saw that there is a huge difference between what
it produces and studio, which I  particularily noticed today when I
printed this picture of the engine block.  Here I have processed and
uploaded the file in aperture and olympus studio and as you can see
there is quite a difference, the most pleasing print came though from
the studio processed file being printed from within photoshop (no
modifications), probably some epson colour management going on to help.

What started all this, Chris with his email about imageprint - couldn't
get it to print, which I was glad about when I saw the price ;-)

So if you use an E-3 consider the olympus studio software as others on
the list have stated before