Re: [OM] Look what came from John H. today

Subject: Re: [OM] Look what came from John H. today
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 16:41:10 -0500

> I told someone yesterday that in ten years, Panasonic will be a major
> player
> in the camera business. I don't know where Samsung will be, but I'll bet
> that Sony will continue to pick up market share with the new FF.

The only guarantee is that the market shares will change.  They always do.
Fifty years ago the major players are almost to a company either gone or a
bit player in the market.  Canon has had a good run and under their current
leadership will probably still remain strong, but I highly doubt that they
will be anything close to a market leader in 20 years.

Frankly, if I was to make a bold prediction of who will be THE major player
in the photographic market place in 20 years it won't even be a company that
exists today.

This all reminds me of the game of "Risk".  In one turn the dominant player
can be annihilated if the neighbors band together and decide to eliminate
him.  It'll be bloody but it happens.

AG