Re: [OM] 7D review

Subject: Re: [OM] 7D review
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 22:33:39 -0700
Ken Norton wrote:
>> Nope. What looks old and tired to pundits and non-users feels familiar
>> comfortable and efficient to long time users...
>>

> Actually, I'm not overly critical of the interface other than I'm a little
> bitter that the grip shape causes my wrists distress.

I was aware of that, as we have talked about it before. I just wanted to
clarify where your objection is. It's very personal and will vary with
individual body. I'm happy carrying my Canons for long periods without
any trouble from my hand. The hand strap I use on the 5D (sort of like
the Oly Grip Strap) makes it even better. It can just hang from my hand,
arm dangling, for ages without any tension, then be at my eye in an
instant. I don't know if that would help you or not.

> Back in 1998-99 I actually was extremely close to buying an EOS-3. I
> personally consider it to be the best EOS body of the entire line. My only
> other real gripe about that camera was the AF lights in the viewfinder would
> light up like a Christmas Tree and distract the snot out of you.

I have only the center AF spot active 99.9% of the time. It doesn't
distract me at all.

> I believe that up to a point, better equipment makes for better images,
>
>> even from the great unwashed. Does that make them better photographers? I
>> dunno.
> But, sir, this camera is not aimed at the "great unwashed". This is aimed
> solely at the photographer who knows the truth, but is blinded from it by
> his/her own desires.

Most amusing. "LOL" doesn't convey the rather quiet, dry little chuckles
I made upon reading this.

Moose