Re: [OM] Slide mountning marathon!

Subject: Re: [OM] Slide mountning marathon!
From: Ws <omls@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 18:20:36 -0400
Nathan wrote:
>No accounting for taste, or the adage that a photographer is his own
>worst editor is true. I too frequently get surprised by the reactions
>I get to my weekly postings.

Also the people who view photos are going to be more impressed
with images they have never done nor seen than ones they have
done a lot of. Peoples rating scales vary a lot.

Also, few take into consideration Wall Time. That is, put it on the
wall with other photos and see how long it holds interest. If the viewing
time is less than 2 minutes, the judging is not nearly as accurate
as one that is viewed many times and over time. Sometimes a
photo that takes longer to digest is rated lower if the viewing time
is short, while simple photos get great marks, but over time quickly
become boring. Like hearing the same joke over again. Photos
with real meat in them have staying power, but often not rated well
on first viewing. And there may be subconscious factors involved.

Since you, as the photog, have had more viewing time on your
photos, your judgement is skewed relative to the short viewer.

Just some thoughts
Ws