Re: [OM] IMG: Noisy Insect

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Noisy Insect
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 08:32:20 -0400
Cicada. Late July I go out in my backyard at night and find them hanging from out apple tree (in their most vulnerable form). They have just crawled out of their shell, are all green. Wings have just unfurled but are all wet, they cannot fly yet.
___________________________________
John Hermanson  |   CPS, Inc.
21 South Ln., Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121  |  www.zuiko.com
Olympus OM Service since 1977
Gallery: www.zuiko.com/album/index.html

Jim Nichols wrote:
I came across this noisy insect on my way to the mail box this morning.  I have
not yet established his identity. Can anyone help identify this fellow?  I
should have stopped down further, but he was not cooperative.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Noisy+Insect.jpg.html

Feedback appreciated.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA