Re: [OM] [OT] Some flowers from Monet's garden, Giverny

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Some flowers from Monet's garden, Giverny
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 13:13:42 -0700
Jez Cunningham wrote:
> Spent a weekend in Giverny, France, where Monet used to live and work - some
> pictures of his garden...
> cheers
> jez
>
> <
> http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/lh/sredir?uname=jez.cunningham&target=ALBUM&id=5379066361163170737&authkey=Gv1sRgCLbEk_mqwoeUAw&invite=CLGP98kH&feat=email&mode=SLIDESHOW

Delightful! Much the sort of images I'd likely have taken.

I only see one with blown reds, and it's out of focus anyway. The camera
(D70?) has done a good job on the rest of avoiding clipping. However,
there are quite a few where the highlights are compressed at the top So
they look rather blown. I've done some alternate opinions, mostly
concentrating on the highlights.

Unfortunately, several show artifacts in the highlights from the JPEG
compression on the posted versions, but I think they still give an idea
of what's possible in recovering some highlight tonal detail
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Others/Jez/Giverny>.

A couple of the landscapes looked quite flat to me, so I messed with
them a bit, too. :-)

Moose