Re: [OM] [OT] Some flowers from Monet's garden, Giverny

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Some flowers from Monet's garden, Giverny
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 10:03:56 -0700
Jez Cunningham wrote:
> Thanks for going to the trouble Moose - I only did highlight recovery in the
> raw conversion - it's amazing what you have achieved

Thanks!

> (by being more selective, I guess).

Much the same sort of things could be done to most of the images. I'm
selective in that I play for fun, so tend to only play with images that
I like, and hope to like better and those that appear to offer a
learning experience/challenge.

> As for the jpeg artifacts, I always use max quality, but I think the Picasa
> re-sizing during upload is probably what did it (by adding another
> conversion).

Picassa's operation is troublesome to me. At least as I encountered it,
it auto-foolishly resizes up & down to the browser window. I adjusted
the browser window to get what appeared to be the uploaded resolution.

Also, the image sizes of the downloaded images were pretty small for the
pixel dimensions, so Picassa may indeed be defeating your high Q JPEGs.

Moose