Re: [OM] IMG: Death of an Oak Tree

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Death of an Oak Tree
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 12:30:40 -0400
I thought the same.  The amount of missing heartwood didn't seem that
large and, of course, the tree grows on the outside just under the bark.
  If that's healthy I think the tree would last a long time.  On the
other hand, I have taken down a large tree that was perfectly healthy
since it was only 3 feet from the house.

Chuck Norcutt