Re: [OM] IMG: Visa pour l'Image 2009

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Visa pour l'Image 2009
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 07:31:27 -0500
On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 5:23 AM, Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have finally had time to finish editing my pictures from last
> weekend's trip to Perpignan. A very pleasant weekend, spent in good
> company, eating and drinking well, and looking at some very impressive
> photography. In the sprit of the photojournalism traditions that are
> in the air in Perpignan, most of these are B&W people pictures.
>
> http://www.frozenlight.eu/perpignan2009

I think HCB wouldn't mind owning a few of those!  The first one is
just a wonderful capture of the couples' two left hands.  A reticent
intimacy beautifully captured.  The man with the hat is great too.
And the isolation of the Aftrican woman with the beautiful smile.
Great stuff.  I never do anything like this.  I'm extremely envious.

One thing I wish were different has to do with the page design in the
gallery.  When in the gallery itself, I find the text in the top
banner to be an annoyance, since I've already read it and it takes up
screen real estate.  Even toggling to full screen, I have to do a
little mousing to read your caption for each individual photo, which
is part of the pleasure of the gallery for me.  Just a thought.

Joel W.