[OM] Cranky 4T hot shoe--suggestions?

Subject: [OM] Cranky 4T hot shoe--suggestions?
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 19:02:36 -0400
This had been a longstanding issue/irritant.  Sometimes a T32 even
won't fire but seems to especially misbehave with
my  T28.  This summer the T28 did not fire after much effort with my
new Z. 38 macro.  I even had an eraser in my pocket and used it prior.
After disassembly of the whole rig and once again careful cleaning with
Ethyl acetate and the eraser--seemed fine.  Finally finished up another
roll in the 4T and did a dry run sans film today of my latest butterfly
rig in anticipation of an upcoming trip home----shutter seemed to lag.
I estimated stayed open like OM-2 for 1/15 sec or so because of
insufficient flash.   Another cleaning and it seemed fine again.  I had
it CLA'd a few months ago and of course it was on its best behavior
when John had it.  When I put the T28 on an OM-2 when it didn't fire on
the 4T, it was fine. This guy is going on flash probation.  Otherwise
it is fine and there is no  visible issue with the hot shoe.

Any comments appreciated.

Mike