Re: [OM] OT..Time

Subject: Re: [OM] OT..Time
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgonzalezgentile@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 15:27:11 -0300
Frank van Lindert told me about this one, on February 19 2009.

<http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/>

But I couldn't follow his advice.

Maybe you'd like to know why ... maybe not :-)

Is it as annoying to me as to I suppose it is to anyone, this 'DST -
energy saving time' in Windows XP SP3 ?

So far I haven't been able to make my Palm Desktop Calendar to switch
repeating events accordingly to DST: they all jump to an hour later.
This, only on Palm 4.1.4E for Windows XP SP3.
That was never a trouble on Palm Desktop Calendar v.2 n.n. for MacOS
Classic (8 -9).

If I turn on "change time automatically according to summer time
zone", checking the checkbox at the bottom of the middle tab into Time
and Date Control Panel - some disaster is expected to occur into Palm.
Fortunately, it's reversible.

I decided lo leave the checkbox unchecked because Palm is essential
for me. Frank insisted, but it was beyond my possibilities.

More:
So far, I haven't been able to export Palm Calendar Archive (.dba) to
MS Outlook Calendar (which I hope doesn't suffer from such a bug).
There seems to be a newer and better Outlook Conduit written by Palm
for this issue ... but I feel so fed-up that I fear of changing
anything into Palm <<just in case it might work into Outlook>>.

So, on Sunday 4 October 2009, here were I live we all shall be jumping
again to DST -2GMT - and my posts to the list will be coming from the
future, so to speak.
<http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=163>

Sorry, Frank .... my Palm is too necessary ;-) - and I shall be a
nuisance to anyone here, once again.

Or did Microsoft improve this Control Panel, and I hadn't noticed !?

Fernando.