Re: [OM] 12 volt battery advice

Subject: Re: [OM] 12 volt battery advice
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 18:02:03 -0400
I have assumed it's toast and ordered a new one from a local electronics
supplier who promises delivery in 3 days.  That's good because I need to
do some formal outdoor portraits of a friend's daughter in her wedding
dress before the wedding day.  In the meantime I have put my old 6 amp
car charger on the old battery and it is now charging at about 2 amps
vs. the other 1.5 amp maintenance charger.  After a couple of hours it
raised the no load voltage to about 13.25 or about 0.4 volts higher than
I had seen before.  I think I will let it charge, then rest for 24 hours
and then charge it again as per the advice on the Battery University link.

I'm sure I'll send it off to the local toxic waste facility but I'm
curious to see if it will be at least somewhat rejuvenated.

Chuck Norcutt