Re: [OM] Off-topic: Spotted Technorama for a good price

Subject: Re: [OM] Off-topic: Spotted Technorama for a good price
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 18:02:14 +0200
At around $4 per frame (or whatever that translates to, I am working
from my personal
experience in ZAR) it is not easy to press that shutter button yes :-)
But oh, it's worth
it...

 From what I said above, I don't use it nearly enough, but when I do,
I am always stunned by the
technical quality. It's difficult to compose in the format though...

These two are still my two best landscapes (of the ones that I've
scanned, anyway)
that I have produced from the camera:

http://fc06.deviantart.com/fs49/f/2009/214/5/a/Catalina_Bay_by_philosomatographer.jpg
http://fc08.deviantart.com/fs48/f/2009/191/b/1/Berlin_Falls_by_philosomatographer.jpg

I still want to work up the guts one day to take *just* the technorama
on a trip
somewhere. There is so much cropping room, that one can either use the
90mm as a standard lens
(cropping to square or thereabouts) or leave the full 17cm image for
ultra-wide-angle, or anything
in between.

Anyway, let's see where the bidding goes on this, but I cannot
recommend the camera enough.
I'd love it if another member of this group get this camera at a
bargain (BTW, I paid much, much less
for mine than even the starting bid of the one I linked to [$2200]).