Re: [OM] Zuiko 18 vs. Zeiss et al

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 18 vs. Zeiss et al
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 10:26:58 +0200
On 17 Sep 2009, at 6:33 PM, Ken Norton wrote:

> Yes, I'm more inclined to use my OM system more.  ;)

Touché :-)

> I bring this up because I can't be the only one in the world who has
> sensed
> this and wondered about it.

Umm - I suspect you may indeed by the only one who sensed it.
Otherwise, I should be sensing
less converging verticals on my 6x17cm camer and 90mm super-wide lens,
but I don't. It's just as damn
fiddly to use as a 9mm on the four-thirds system :-)

My one theory is this: Because four thirds has a more square aspect
ratio, there is a lot more
"space" to notice converging verticals, whereas wider aspect ratios
hide the fact a little better.
Yes, that must be it.

cheerio,
Dawid "Not-hip-to-be-square" Loubser
(and secretly hiding the fact that he uses square-ish 6x7cm all the
time)