Re: [OM] Tribute to Grant Wood

Subject: Re: [OM] Tribute to Grant Wood
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 13:59:17 -0500
I like "Young Corn" very, very much.  And also "Stone City."

Wood depicts the old method of planting in "Young Corn" -- straight up
and down the hill.  Modern farmers terrace their fields.  Helps
preserve topsoil.  Prettier fields too.

My friend Paul posted a photo of the church in "Stone City"

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3163/2638088856_c3b616b106.jpg

In Wood's painting you only see part of it on the left side.

http://xroads.virginia.edu/~MA98/haven/wood/stonecity.html

Joel W.