[OM] Photoshop advice

Subject: [OM] Photoshop advice
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 14:27:09 -0400
Greetings All,
  Well its confession time, my sin being that I don't really know how to do
fancy things in Photoshop involving layers, etc. This is primarily because
I'd rather take photos than spend time in front of the PC; not to mention my
general laziness and aversion to slogging through manuals. Now that I got
that out of the way I'm asking for suggestions on how to make a correction
on a photo. The hospital where I work recently completed the construction of
a helicopter landing pad and celebrated the inaugural landing a few days
ago. I positioned myself at the best spot and took the shot seen in the
thumbnail. I was using my OM-1 with a 35/2.8 and a polarizer. It was a very
bright cloudy day and much of my subject is a large very white building, so
I metered off the grass at my feet which pretty much agreed with the Sunny
16 Rule. When I got back the film the helicopter and landscape were well
exposed but the clouds and bits of blue sky are over-exposed (despite the
polarizer). I e-mailed a copy the the hospital COO and he very much would
like to use it. My question is how would I go about improving the sky such
that I could tone it down and increase the contrast between the sky and
clouds?

TIA,
Charlie