Re: [OM] OM sale in Dallas

Subject: Re: [OM] OM sale in Dallas
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 16:35:18 -0500

> *ahem* ... (tap tap) is this thing on? It's non-OM but I believe my
> Linhof Technorama 617S purchased for less than than $2000 is a good
> competitor.

I'd say that that is a legitimate "fang".

Ages ago, we had a list member by the name of Doris Fang. She was a expert
garage/yard sale shopper and was able to get unbelievable deals on camera
equipment and other items. Her purchases became known as "fangs".  The term
"fang" seemed pretty appropriate as it implies a "bite".

A "fang" can be a noun.  "I got a terrific fang from a fence in Houston for
$25."
A "fang" can be a verb.  "I fanged an E-3 kit from a fence in Houston for
$25."
A "fang" can be an adjective. "I got a fanged E-3 from a fence in Houston
for $25."

To clarify one question, though:  A fang cannot be a gift. A gift is a gift
and both the giver and receiver acknowledge the worth of the item.  However,
if a stranger says "this isn't worth anything, you can have it" then it's a
fang.

You never knew that "fangs" had rules, did you?

AG (gums) Schnozz