Re: [OM] Ever think about changing horses?

Subject: Re: [OM] Ever think about changing horses?
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 16:11:51 -0500

> I hate to be an equivalency bitch, but (optical superiority aside) the
> ZD 150mm f/2 really does produce the same "look" (depth of field) as a
> 300mm f/4 on 35mm.

DOF?  Technically, yes.  Bokeh?  Absolutely not.  I have two lenses in the
300mm range and neither one come anywhere near what this lens does.

The Zuiko 300 F4.5 has really nice Bokeh for the size of the lens.  I've
seen many images from other brands of 300 F2.8 that didn't come close.  My
Tokina AT-X 100-300 F4 lens (which is an excellent lens) has horrid Bokeh in
comparison to the Zuiko 300 F4.5.  The DZ 150 F2 is generating a look that
is rare in FF 35mm.

> Now, give me an Zuiko 250mm f/2 for my OM-1, and then we're talking...
> Pity it weighs 4 big ones (thousand dollars, and kilograms) if lucky enough
> to find one :-)

I think the DZ 150 F2 is the 250mm F2 of the E-system.  Same basic look and
feel as well as price...

BTW, I forgot one lens in the recommendation to Bill.  The 35-100.  Yeah,
it's big, but...

AG