Re: [OM] Somebody is holding out on us

Subject: Re: [OM] Somebody is holding out on us
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 09:50:13 +0200
Wow, chris, a wonderful camera, I hope you enjoy it. Is it a M4-2
or some such variant, or a "straight" M4? (the best, IMHO)

Chris, I know you were in a hurry, and that others have also discussed
this,
but Black and White film has more than enough latitude to have
rendered both
the shadow and highlight (sunny) areas of your photograph with
sufficient detail,
and without the extremely harsh contrast.

Certainly not striving for the typical "muddy" look you speak of, but
one does prefer
to see detail in the shadows and highlights. A four-stop difference
between the
shadows and highlights is nothing, and I am sure if you look on the
negatives it's
all there.

Best of luck with your endeavors, and in finding time to finish your
images. I
have very much the same problem :-)

Dawid