[OM] picasa vs iphoto

Subject: [OM] picasa vs iphoto
From: "siddiq@xxxxxxx" <siddiq@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 15:13:03 -0700
Has anyone who's used both comment on straightening photos? P 3.5 was
just released, for Mac, finally. Thus far been using iPhoto for all my
photo catalog and management needs (mainly keeping track, and
straighten/resize for emailing and the like, not full blown editing).

However, iPhoto seems to soften photos tremendously whenever I use the
straighten (or leveling) tool. Photoshop (in it's various forms on
campus) never did. Don't really want to use that suite, far too
complex for what I want to do.

So, does Picasa soften things badly? Worth migrating my library over?

Thanks.
/s