Re: [OM] picasa vs iphoto

Subject: Re: [OM] picasa vs iphoto
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 17:42:29 -0500

> So, does Picasa soften things badly? Worth migrating my library over?

It sounds like two separate issues:  Image Manipulation and Image
Cataloging.

For Image Manipulation, I'm very very content with Picture Window Pro 5.0
for most stuff. The resizing and sharpening algorithms are simply
outstanding. What PWP doesn't do, Gimp does.  No need to send one more dime
to Adobe.

Image Cataloging is another issue altogether.  I'm no expert there--I still
use hanging file folders to store my slides.

AG