Re: [OM] (OT) Samsung LCD monitor

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Samsung LCD monitor
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 09:42:43 -0700
I am still using the Samsung 204B. Still has the annoying habit of going
black on occasion when using the dvi connection. Some kind of issue with
the video card. I have to be careful not to throw video intensive stuff
at it in quick succession. Basically it is a good cheap TN monitor.
There are lots of cheap monitors out there now but very few that aren't
short and squatty. One needs to go to a 24" panel size to get enough
vertical real estate for viewing documents etc.  16:9 may be good for
video but really isn't useful for computer work. I don't understand the
popularity. Maybe it's a hold over from laptops where you get used to
scrolling. If I were to upgrade I would get this S-IPS panel from HP.
It's the same height as my current monitor but @ 1200x1900 it's 300p
wider. I could open a 4/3'rds photo with room for tool bars too.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824176104

Mike