[OM] New affordable Sony FF

Subject: [OM] New affordable Sony FF
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 20:03:45 -0400
Thanks for the links.

  Something seems askew with the adapter businness.  The registration
distance for OM is 46mm and the Sony/Minolta AF is 44.5 leaving only
1.5mm.  As mentioned the bayonet release takes up a bunch of space.  I
suspect (but don't know) that the undersurface little pin release
engineered by Mirex might make an adapter sans glass possible.  If
anyone is interested I could contact the technical advisor, Ian, at SRb
Griturn to see if they would machine one and get a price.

Mike

Hi all OMers,
                     I did some more searching and found
"Domestic_platapus" on
ebay, seems to have sold an adapter for 7000/9000-O/M not too long
back.

The common adapter for the 7000/9000/alpha on ebay seems to be to
Minolta MD,
which has a register distance  2.28mm less, than that of an OM.  So it
would
would need an added spacer of ~2.28mm with an OM flange to make it
adapt to
OM?  At a wild guess from adapter picture, this would add a total incl
2.2mm
above,of  7mm to the new register of an OM. So maybe a ~14% change in
FL.
Sounds a large  sacrifice and it might still not accommodate the wide
angle
OM's with the protruding lens guard at rear.

========================
Unrelated :

I came across this  recent Skip williams contribution thread on "must
have" OM
lenses:
http://photo.net/olympus-camera-forum/00ULp5
Old list members will remember skip as an active OM list member and
lens
archivist, from way back.

AND
Using OM lenses on Leica/Minolta CL rangefinder cameras.
http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76055

Tim Hughes