Re: [OM] ( OM ) OT panorama cameras

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) OT panorama cameras
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 08:20:39 +0200
Hmm - either you have really, really high standards, or something is
wrong?

The first time I laid eyes on the 6x17cm slides I got back from my
Linhof Technorama,
it was a revelation - I knew instantly there and then that film was
for me, and
I could not find words for the overwhelmed feeling, the ability to
capture a scene
with such impeccable richness, accuracy, depth, and field of view.

It was the first time (and thus far, the only time(s)) that I had
looked at a photograph
through a loupe, and felt "there" - it's indescribably good, and a
Linhof Technorama
certainly commands it's $9000 selling price when you consider how
impossibly much better
the images are compared to a $8000 DSLR or a $7000 Leica M9.

"OK" is certainly not a term I would ever use to describe any of the
6x17cm images
I have taken, even the boring / badly composed ones! One rather tends
to resort to
crazy superlatives, such as the Schneider Super-Angulon XL 90mm lens
infusing the
photons flowing through it with a reach tea of hyper-real magical
goodness.

etc.

:-)