Re: [OM] monitor calibration

Subject: Re: [OM] monitor calibration
From: Ws <omls@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 08:38:03 -0400
C.H. Are you using a VGA cable rather than a DVI-D to connect to the
monitor? I thought only VGA connections used the sharpness feature
in the monitor? I would not

I have Dell UltraSharp monitors and PhotoCAL 2.7 and early version of
Spyder. The first one that removed the suction cups for work with LCD
monitors. I have mixed success with getting calibration to match printing
on an Epson 2200. The monitor starting point seems critical to the final
calibration, and getting the gamma correct first seems to help. When the
initial calibration to balance the RGB channels starts causing one channel
to be turned up high relative to the others, something is not right.
Double check to make sure that Adobe Gamma is not also running
or some other color correction in the system (unless you have an
older Samsung LCD).

I would concur that the gamma correction is not the best and is the
most critical to getting matching display to print. I think photocal
gets the colors reasonable, but the gamma seems very sensitive
to the starting conditions of the monitor settings.

WayneS