Re: [OM] White-balance / colour balance issues... What to do?

Subject: Re: [OM] White-balance / colour balance issues... What to do?
From: Olaf Greve <ogreve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 16:47:08 +0200
Hi Philippe,

> Sounds like JPEG to me, do you also shoot RAW?

Nope, I shoot in (the) high(est?) quality JPEG, never RAW.

> If so, this is kind of non-issue - get the WB dropper (in PS or LR)
> where you think the white should be, that's it.

Ehmmm, I don't think I get it... With 'PS' I guess you mean PhotoShop?
If so, wouldn't that just give me an indication of the WB mismatch in
that particular picture, or will it give me information that can be used
to make global adjustments in the camera in order to compensate for the
mismatch?

What I'm trying to prevent, is to have to do this as post-processing
step for each picture, and instead try to figure out a global camera
setting that alleviates these issues as much as possible...

Cheers,
Olafo