Re: [OM] monitor calibration

Subject: Re: [OM] monitor calibration
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgonzalezgentile@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 11:55:43 -0300
Cc: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
LOL ! - In the long run, I may convince myself and agree with you, let
me do my own experience.

BTW, lagom stresses to turn sharpness to 0, and some other default settings.

I managed to do so at the Nvidia driver, which opens via its own
control panel. Maybe you can do the same at the desktop which has the
Samsung.

I'm not trying to make the calibration match the print either: I'm
trying to make the RDPIII / RVP to match the print.

I have a monitor and a scanner distorting my goal.

And perhaps an utopic conviction of building a perfect 5200ºK
homogeneous wavelength (no peaks at whatever lambda) lightsource to
transilluminate my slides.
So far I'm at the point of an incandescent tungsten 60 or 100Watt shut
into a metal tube, with a 80A filter al the illuminated end ...
Tungsten lamp has already a blue glass bulb, it's a General Electric
"Solar" lamp - it doesn't specify the color temperature it outputs.
I'm working based on the hypothesis that the 80A filter will not
cool-over the light source. Or if it does, will not do so over 6500ºK.
Light intensity is also a question on which I have not thought enough
so far: how long should be the tube container, for a 60 or 100Watt
'Solar', sa as to get a proper amount of lumen /dm².

Maybe I'm getting mad at it, and a simple torch with a 80A at the
front is enough ... but not for me !!. Backighting with my monitor
screen didn't convince me so far-

Fernando
--------------------- thanks for your patience.