Re: [OM] White-balance / colour balance issues... What to do?

Subject: Re: [OM] White-balance / colour balance issues... What to do?
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 13:12:20 -0500
Hi Olaf,

I use an E-510 and shoot a combination of RAW+JPEG. I import the images into
Photoshop Elements 6.0, which has a RAW converter included. I use the JPEG
images to give me a rough "proof look" at my images, and jot down the
numbers of the ones that are worthy of further work.

I then open each of the ORF files using the converter.  It allows me to
crop, if necessary, then adjust exposure, color balance, and other options
before sending the adjusted image into the PSE 6.0 editor. From there, I
make final adjustments, resize, and decide on a final format for saving the
image.

One can also go back to the original RAW image and start over, if such a
choice is desirable.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA