Re: [OM] White-balance / colour balance issues... What to do?

Subject: Re: [OM] White-balance / colour balance issues... What to do?
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 09:43:00 +0800
To make it simple, I recommend Olympus Master 2 (it is free) to covert your
image. I mainly use the Exposure and WB function (a slide bar to set the
color temp you wanted), you can also adjust contrast, sharpness,
saturation... like you do inside the camera. For E-300 it even gives the
option of disable the noise filter to gain more sharpness that is not
available in the camera JPEG setting.

With E-1 I usually set -1/3 stop during shooting so that you can have more
room for highlight which does not recover well with Olympus Master. For
under exposed image you can do a lot to it up to +2 stop during RAW
conversion.

You can save your converted file in 16 bit Tiff or 8 bit JPEG for further
processing.

C.H.Ling