Re: [OM] 80/4.0 Macro resolving power?

Subject: Re: [OM] 80/4.0 Macro resolving power?
From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 10:43:18 +1000

> Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> Did you guys know the 20/3.5 can cover 4x5in film at its optimum
> working magnification? Also, my pet project
> sometime will be to find a way to stick it onto my RB67 - 6x7cm at 12x
> magnification, with vibration-less leaf
> shutter sounds like heaven to me, assuming I can focus the thing.

There is a simple way to mount just about any lens on an RB67.  First obtain
one of the original 90/3.8 lenses (not a "C" or "K/L") with a working shutter
(doesn't matter about the glass).  Unscrew the rear element group (comes out as
a unit) and unscrew the front element group (also comes out as a unit).  The
thread in the front of the shutter body is 42mmx0.75mm (T-mount !).  You need
to then obtain a short (20-25mm from memory) T-mount extension tube and screw
this into the front of the shutter body as this thread is deeply recessed in
the shutter body.  From there you can add just about any lens using various
adapters.

...Wayne

Wayne Harridge

http://lrh.structuregraphs.com