Re: [OM] 80/4.0 Macro resolving power?

Subject: Re: [OM] 80/4.0 Macro resolving power?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 20:30:34 -0700
Dawid Loubser wrote:
> So... as per my earlier request - does anybody have some real resolution /
> MTF figures for the 80/4.0? And, while
> they are at it, size of image circle?

Just to maintain my status as a pain in the ...

Reference to "the 80/4.0" without specifying Manual or Auto version
risks confusion and/or misinformation. The Auto version is not simply
the older design with an auto diaphragm mechanism added. The shape and
spacing of the elements is slightly different and we don't know whether
the glass formulas may have changed.

In most use, I doubt if there is much, if any, noticeable difference,
but in "real resolution" tests, there well may be.

Moose on Mt. Desert Island