Re: [OM] [OT] Diesel Jeep, was: Re: Photographing Police Officers - Cla

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Diesel Jeep, was: Re: Photographing Police Officers - Clarification from No10
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban" <zuiko21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 12:26:32 +0200
Hi Ken and all,

From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>

>Oh, now that is something that absolutely fries my goat.  I want a Jeep
with

>the diesel engine in it.  The CRD works great everywhere else in the world,

>but the one and only time they brought it into the USA it resulted in 100%

>transmission failures.

>Why did it work on Euro version but not the USA version?  Automatic

>transmissions.  Here in the USA you can't buy a Jeep with a manual

>transmission and the automatics couldn't handle the torque.

Funny... wasn't the opposite way? I always thought that it's way easier to
make an automatic transmission able to handle much torque -- or at least,
that's what Mercedes always said.

>Meanwhile GM is screwing around with that loser "Volt" when they could

>achieve similar efficiencies with a decent little diesel.

An electric car is a mechanic alternative, NOT an energetic alternative...

Cheers,
--
Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas
IES Turaniana (Roquetas de Mar, Almeria)